We hear loads about safety orchestration, automation, and response. It’s going to assist us with our safety abilities hole. It’s going to enhance our operational effectivity, thus decreasing imply time to detect and reply to incidents. It’s going to give us extra time for risk searching. However how a lot is basically being automated?
In sponsorship with ServiceNow, we performed the “5 Levels of Automation Maturity” survey to search out out. The aims for the survey had been fairly straight ahead:
- How mature are our automation capabilities?
- What safety use circumstances are being automated right now?
- What safety use circumstances will we be automating sooner or later?
- What’s driving us to automate and what’s hindering us?
We acquired 142 responses to the survey throughout the next demographics:
- Position: 60% Customers/Architects and 40% Managers/Executives
- Expertise: 60% 7+ Years and 40% <7 Years
- Business: 30% IT/Know-how, 18% Monetary Companies, and 15% Well being/Prescribed drugs
- Firm Dimension: 67% 5,000 or Fewer Staff and 33% >5,000 Staff
- Area: 77% North America and 17% Europe
To summarize the survey findings, we needed to analyze 135 solutions for every response. On account of this evaluation, listed here are the important thing findings of the survey:
- Common maturity on a scale from 0 (Guide) to 4 (Optimization) is 1.22, which is simply above Fundamental Operations. There’s nonetheless a number of room for enchancment.
- On common, 25% of Safety Operations are at present being automated. 73% reported a rise in automation within the final two years.
- On common, 55% stated their interplay with IT had elevated within the final two years, however the kind of interplay positively varies by maturity.
- We anticipated Malware and Phishing to be the highest use circumstances being automated at present. We had been shut. Listed below are the highest makes use of circumstances at present being automated:
- Brute Pressure/Failed Login
- Suspicious Internet Entry
- Malicious Community Site visitors
- The highest makes use of circumstances deliberate for automation within the subsequent 12 months embody:
- Vulnerability Administration
- Information Loss/Publicity
- Rogue Server/Service and Incident Case Administration
- The highest makes use of circumstances deliberate for automation within the subsequent 24 months embody:
- Privileged Entry Monitoring
- Menace Searching
- Insider Menace
- The highest driving forces for automation embody:
- Lack of Folks/Assets
- Purpose to Formalize Processes to Scale back Errors
- Growing Quantity of Alerts
- The highest three issues holding you again from automating embody:
- Integrating Information/Instruments
- Documenting Formal Course of That Can Be Automated
- Confidence in What to Automate
For extra particulars on the survey outcomes, watch the on-demand webcast right here. To study extra about ServiceNow, please go to securityweekly.com/servicenow.